1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Are you frightened to go to Miami, Mr. Christiansen?"

[​IMG]

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

lakefront and micropolitan guy like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

People’s Church sounds a lot like that religious operation in Guyana in the 1970s.

garrow and SFIND like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Found the real problem.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

CDC Official Who Warned Americans Coronavirus Could Cause 'Severe' Disruption Resigns

"At a White House press briefing in late February, when the country had barely more than a dozen reported cases of the virus, Messonnier warned that community spread would be likely and that "disruption to everyday life might be severe."

"It's not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness," she said.

At the time, her words about the pandemic were among the strongest yet from the Trump administration, which was still publicly downplaying the severity of the situation. Stocks tumbled. The Wall Street Journal later reported that then-President Donald Trump threatened to fire Messonnier shortly afterward.

The next day, Trump announced he was putting the vice president in charge of the government's response and famously predicted that what were then 15 reported cases "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

6. Neutral Corner

Here's what Tucker Carlson gets wrong about Covid vaccine side effects. Excellent thread.

7. Neutral Corner

Nearly half of the people who withdrew from the Pfizer trial due to "complications" had gotten the placebo shot.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They should probably take VAERS down, then, so that it isn't cited as a source. If anti-vaxxers are misusing it, use a more secure program.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I better get paid for already being vaccinated then.

SFIND likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Fuck giving them anything. A swift kick in the ass is the right kind of payment for them

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The righty on Left-Right-And-Center podcast this week I thought made a pretty good prediction that as getting the vaccine fades from a selfie/woke event and becomes instead more widely available at walk-up clinics and doctors offices -- in other words, becomes much easier to get -- many of the laggards will partake. He made the point, that I tend to agree with, that there's still a core group of Americans who don't really know about it, understand it's available, or understand why they need it.

Those of us who spend every waking moment attached to the Internet and media forget that there are millions who don't.

Patchen, wicked and I Should Coco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted