1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I read comments somewhere that compared Covid living to the years before the vaccine when polio was rampant. My grandparents forbid my mother and uncle from swimming in the numerous ponds in her Boston suburb.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

My mother, who is probably your grandparents' age, made the same observation.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mom has memories of getting her polio shots in the 50s when a health department mobile unit made it to Big Lick, Tenn., which half of Cumberland County still might not know exists. So her and her siblings were brought down from the even smaller hamlet of Linary. That’s what it is going to take, a full bore commitment to reach into every nook and cranny.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Soccer.

6. Baron Scicluna

Got my second Moderna a few days ago. Took Tylenol and drank Gatorade when I got home. Couldn’t really fall asleep that night until almost 1 for some reason even though I felt fine other than the sore arm, then woke up at 5:45 and couldn’t fall back asleep.

Called out for work that day, even though I didn’t feel that bad, other than being cranky. Just laid in bed for the morning feeling lazy, got a small headache in the afternoon, took a half hour nap and felt OK afterward. Woke up that night feeling hot, took more Tylenol,‘went back to bed, woke up at normal time and felt fine.

Feeling lucky.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It sounds like you dodged a bullet.

8. Baron Scicluna

Obligatory response:

upload_2021-5-9_9-26-24.jpeg

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That a part of the state where the streets have my name.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I got Pfizer but also couldn't sleep after the second. I feel like I was up pretty much all night. I had some coffee later than I usually do but not so late that that would happen to me (I feel I'm almost immune to caffeine causing sleep issues). Then of course I was wiped the whole next day. I had super mild, sort of feel like a cold but is it really a cold feelings for more than two days then gone. Almost think it was just from being tired, but who knows. It's interesting someone else with a couldn't sleep issue. Don't think I've heard much of that. The first knocked me on my butt with tiredness about 12 hours later and slept like a rock and that was it. So I was surprised I couldn't sleep at all with the second.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

I even felt a little disappointed because I thought that I at least would get a really good snooze in. But I’m also glad I didn’t really have any other major side effects.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Once summer hits and kids are home, make every school with a gym a vaccination center.

I’m still not ruling out door-to-door and documenting those refusing.

Draft saved Draft deleted