1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It is not the only hypothetical, but it’s also a way to illustrate the real costs we may have to pony up. I am for universal healthcare and a bigger safety net, but I also think we need to be up front and honest about how it will immediately affect a middle-class American financially.

Slacker and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My mom is a janitor.

I find the factory work I do more meaningful and meditative than the sports journalism I did for 15 years.

There is no future goal to work. There is no hope for future success. There is only each moment. I find the scheming and plotting most people do a waste of time. They work to go further into debt, or keep up with their neighbors. And most are unhappy.

My mom empties wastebaskets. And is the most happy, serene person I’ve ever met. She is a great success. I owe any real insight I’ve learned in this life to her contentedness and ethic.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WHO KILLED BO!?! WAS IT KILLARY OR BHO!?!

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

But the post I responding to said the opposite

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In defense of Walmart from earlier, it's a completely different company from what it was 25 years ago or even 10 years ago. Some of their neighbors might call them woke. :)

Sam and Ol' Roy's been taking a dirt nap for most of those years.

2muchcoffeeman and Hermes like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Marxism is just a red herring.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Walmart got away with a lot more I bet when it was a just a southern chain. Now that it has its tentacles everywhere, there’s more scrutiny.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting thing about Trump: His willingness to forgive certain people. Graham, Cruz and Stefanik are all in his good graces now after initial criticism b

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe ... but think of all the families that, with universal health care – will never again have to worry about mounting bills worse than a mortgage that will never be a problem again.

Carriers will no longer be putting profits ahead of taking care of customers. Physicians and their practices will no longer be viewed as trying to gin up more appointments and follow-ups in an attempt to pad bills.

The only serious obstacle I see is the government. Given the way that Medicare is still unnecessarily messy, how will they handle a health care infrastructure many, many times larger? But the moment the government shows that it can navigate those tricky waters, IMO we need to be on board with the idea.

For all our bluster about American Exceptionalism and some party's bullsh_t proclamation of "America First," why is it that a country with our resources can't get together on this when many other countries have found a way to make it work and thrive?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A little. But the bet is that they still have a small jet willing to go wherever whenever the moment an employee whispers "union."

Draft saved Draft deleted