1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And, much like the 80-million-plus votes for Joe Biden, the horse says "neigh."

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Probably not the only market in which that's occurring.

I know someone who bought a house during a yard sale. You read that correctly. Someone asked the yard sale hosts questions, and it was disclosed that the family was moving. Someone asked if the house was for sale. It was.

I don't think it ever made it to a realtor. FOMO is taking real estate to extremes.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I had a friend looking at a house in the Denver ‘burbs maybe 6 weeks ago. Looked on a Saturday, $650,000. Told to have offers in by Sunday.

Relisted Monday for $725,000.

Sold for $785,000.

We bought our house last April and it was freaking terrifying, having no idea what was going to happen to the local or world economy.

If we sold today we’d make... 20%?

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

House-rich and credit-rich, even while being cash-poor, is an admirable target in this terrain.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

I'll have "How stupid are Republicans?" for $2,000, Alex ...

Only this party would not only let a narcissistic, megalomaniacal idiot lead its party in spite of all the SPC has done.

Wouldn't any other somewhat well-run organization already dumped someone like this by now?

garrow likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Easily. Looked at stuff back home. The same stuff is at least 20 percent more.

The number of people who just bought and are looking to make a quick buck are astounding. Forget day trading ... just flip houses for funsies ...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In March, Kevin McCarthy hired Brian Jack, one of the Trump White House’s key people, to run his political operation. Brian Jack was one of the people who set up the Stop the Steal rally.

Kevin McCarthy's 1/6 Problem

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We looked at a place on Labor Day weekend. It was listed for $315,000. We bid $327,500, and I didn't even want to go that far but knew we had to. The winning offer was in the $350s.

We bought for about $360k only because the agent was too lazy to do an open house and the owners weren't too invested in a sale (they spent most of the year in Florida anyway). This place easily could've gone for $400k.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Going great!

Draft saved Draft deleted