1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Police brutality is called for in this situation.

Getting back to the wages discussion …

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon, you can't call people this ignorant "brainwashed."

That implies they had brains. Or, maybe in some cases, had them and ever used them.

Also, not sure if they are the two "dumbest T**** supporters." The depths in which people could go to find who the dumbest are could be truly fascinating. And terrifying. And horrifying.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

God help us if this comes true.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t think the Cheneys have a lot of big guns for this fight, but if I had to take their snipers or the Trumpista forces, I’ll take Team Cheney. Dick has to have a few favors he can call in. That said this will be a forever war with the Trump klan.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's why I'm stunned Dad hasn't called the Code Red - if he still has the ability. Once Liz loses the spot, she's toast in DC. A cautionary tale. She has position now. Conceivably she could flip the vote and end up the House GOP leader at the vote, or at least become the puppet master as Tom DeLay was when Hastert was the Speaker - but if she has no position, she's useless.

6. Sam Mills 51

In summary, I'm surprised that Dick Cheney has been so quiet. If ever there were a time for a politician nicknamed "Darth Vader" to have a Darth Vader moment – and this could be his shot to chuck Palpatine off the Death Star – this is it. And, regardless of my issues with him, the WMD BS, etc. ... if they're just going to watch their party go to the SPC, then they're even weaker than I thought. And they were really weak in the first place.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How can anyone support a cringey beta male like Marco Rubio?

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Guys, 2000 is like ancient history at this point. Fuck, even February 2020 feels like ancient history, so I suppose that makes 2008 like, the Jurassic era. As a wise man once said, Dick Cheney isn't walking through that door. George W. Bush isn't walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old grayer and older.

It's not rocket science as to what it'll take to stomp out Trump - Basically, Biden just needs to keep going after the low-hanging fruit. If Republicans don't want to co-sponsor or support legislation that helps their constituents, well, fuck them. Let 'em look bad. There is probably no way for them to lose Senate and House seats in like, McConnell's Kentucky and MTG's Georgia. But if they're going to insist on being uncooperative loony birds, keep attacking them in places in North Carolina and Ohio that have had D representation in the recent past.

wicked and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The problem with the "Dick Cheney to the rescue!" plans isn't Dick Cheney. It's the people he's supposed to destroy. Everyone knows the vile shit they're doing and how they're doing it. A meaningful percentage of voters either are straight-up happy about it, or at very least don't care.

I'm trying and failing to imagine something you can have on one of these assholes that would finish them.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's always the "only the votes for Trump were manipulated, but the ones for me were OK" line of reasoning when they were on the same ballot.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Isn't this what White House staffers did fir four years, hide bad news from Trump?

wicked likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

North Carolina? Um, no. Trust me on that one.

Them Tillis is stupid beyond words, yet voters put him right back in office. Yes, Cal Cunningham is a creep and an idiot, but on his worst day, is still miles ahead of Tillis.

Driftwood and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted