1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Starting to dislike this endless hypocrisy thing.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The issue with Biden and the press corps wasn't about access restriction. It was about wanting/requiring quote approval.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. The reporters are so independent regardless of who they voted for that the White House wants quote approval to try to control the messaging that gets out.

Can you give me examples of most of the White House Press Corps. enthusiastically supporting Biden?

Mngwa likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What a crank.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I surely can’t give you 95% of examples. I hypothesize that about 95% of the press corps voted for him. If you think that’s off, well, maybe it is. Feel free to supply your own %, or just take the rhetorical win in convicting me of the crime of being hyperbolic and too general in response to another poster.

What I did not do is gnash my teeth over it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: You can't support your claim, so you attack the poster to cover for it.

Patchen, HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ah. ... So who you think they may have voted for is what accounts for that "enthusiastic support"?

Did they one-by-one dance the jitterbug into the voting booth and shout "praise Jesus, we're saved" on their way out of the polling place?

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Only corrupt GOP-controlled legislatures should do that.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Had a realtor over yesterday, the one that found our house for $143,000 in 2011. Was kind of hoping he would be discouraging ("Ah, this is going to be tough to sell with that mess of a back yard . . . and you're going to need to fix up this and that and this and that") so I would have an excuse to decline a job offer I have in Florida.

Instead, it was the opposite. "The market is crazy. There is no inventory. People are basically buying as-is. $275K is a slam-dunk, and if we work at it you can get $300K."

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Even by your standards, that is incredibly disingenuous

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah . . . and then what?

They ALWAYS leave Russia off those lists.

140 days of maternity leave at full salary.
    78 weeks of leave at 40 percent salary.
    Up to three years of leave without fear of losing your job.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The realtor told us the good news was our house is worth double what we paid for it in 2014.

The bad news? There’s no house available in town that’s nicer than ours except one that a former governor of Indiana used to live in that has eight bedrooms.

I am NOT heating that thing.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted