1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'll believe that when I see the number of daily vaccinations increasing again.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I think they do all these - or most of these - things. I think they fear if they “cop” to them, “Drumpf” supporters will take it and run with it and think it is a free-for-all.

Many are already acting like we have crossed the finish line.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If I go 10,000 miles between oil changes, that’s kinda bad.

If I find out my mechanic goes 10,000 miles between oil changes, I probably wouldn’t use his or her services.

Optics matter when you’re the expert.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  5. Jerry-atric

They need to protect people from themselves.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Four hours until Pfizer No. 2. Expecting the minor bee sting from before. Will take something afterward just in case.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I once ran into a backcountry SAR/wilderness EMT guy on a state park trail. It was so mellow there were parents pushing kids in strollers on it. He had a 30-liter pack with his pro-grade first aid kit in it. I joked about feeling inadequate for having just a blister kit and some extra Band-Aids in a ZipLock bag in a pocket of my CamelBak hydration pack. He laughed and said "Yeah, but when you've seen what I seen ..."

8. Jerry-atric

Does anyone here still quarantine his or her mail? If not, does this survey make you reconsider?

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Maybe he just wanted to keep the dog away from you or vice versa. When possible, I always crossed the street or went a different direction when I saw someone walking our way.

swingline, lakefront and sgreenwell like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Many “veer off” because they think they perhaps the other person would want them to, as well, due to COVID 19.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted