1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will it? Are voters (and more importantly, the big donors) going to support a splinter group of principled conservatives who reject Trumpism? Or are they going to automatically side with whichever name has an R next to it on the ballot - no matter how whackadoo the person is?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Cheney ousted on a voice vote. GQC members didn't have the guts to put their name to their vote.

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They also didn't have the confidence to allow a secret ballot.

5. HanSenSE

I think we're starting to see a change, when they see that automatic R vote puts the likes of Trump, MTG and Bobert into office.

6. HanSenSE

Dear Tebow, does Gym Jordan sit on every committee that has televised hearings?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Counterpoint, we live in a nation where this must be told to grown-ass adults.

wicked, lakefront, Driftwood and 3 others like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP getting trucked be like

9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm game... are you?

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Ugh.

Youth football coaches are going to be the death of this sport.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's been a pretty screwed up party for a long time. It gave us a deeply unserious president for eight years and a VP candidate who I believe was more dangerous than Trump. And then it gave us Trump. It was clearly a party that lost all sense of its identity over the last 20 years.

And look: The Jan. 6 insurrection was awful. It was. What happened in and around the 2000 recount, in Florida, was also a subversion of democracy. For too many people, it's been lost to time, what happened, which is too bad, because it mattered. I didn't even vote for Gore - yes, I voted for W - and a week into that fiasco, it was pretty clear what was going on.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They'll just switch to totes.

WritersOnTheStorm and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted