1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Or we will most likely find out he's completely asymptomatic and, at worst, will have some mild cold-like symptoms, which was the point of the vaccine to begin with.

Stop panicking at outliers.

Hermes and Jerry-atric like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good luck. If it is anything like mine, they will suggest that you avoid taking anything if you can, especially Ibuprofin, because those side effects are actually you immune system going to work.

lakefront likes this.
  4. outofplace

Don't feed the troll.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Jerry-atric

Transparency regarding these questions would help ease people’s concerns.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wasn't just him I was responding to, TBH. I've seen several references here and other places of OMG Nevin tested positive! Which will immediately lead some to the vaccines don't work! conclusion. The vaccine will not prevent you from getting COVID. It will prevent you from getting a viral load big enough to cause you to fall severely ill or to transmit it to others. That seems to be the prevailing science.

If Phil Nevin ends up on a vent, I'll gladly eat my words. But I suspect that won't happen. And we probably only knew he had it because of MLB's rigorous testing program. I'm not getting a COVID test if I pick up a case of the sniffles, not after being fully vaccinated.

HanSenSE, Hermes, Jerry-atric and 2 others like this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Sometimes I feel like people don’t want the vaccines to work. Sometimes I feel like people would like this to go on for some time, like humanity needs to fully “earn” its way out.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No, he's saying the vaccine does work -- as it's supposed to, which doesn't necessarily preclude getting any measure of COVID-19. What it does is make it suriveable, and probably very livable, like when you have a cold.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

I am not referring to poster Cosmo. I mean that many others are not “emotionally ready” for the end of the pandemic.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I microwave it

Jerry-atric likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s like a cold.

Not.

12. outofplace

I get that. Still, please don't feed the troll. :)

Jerry-atric and Cosmo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted