1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Manchin has said he’s inclined to oppose any party-line effort to overhaul voting in the country. “How in the world could you, with the tension we have right now, allow a voting bill to restructure the voting of America on a partisan line?”

The prospects for Democrats’ major voting rights bill look grim in the Senate

So, Senator Manchin, it's okay for voting bills that restructure voting on partisan lines at the state level?

TowelWaver and Mngwa like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey asshole, one party wants as many people as possible to vote. The other doesn't and has set up roadblocks to specifically suppress participation from one racial minority.

It's not that difficult of a choice.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Has Cheney asked for an audit of the vote?

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe, but from what I saw last season, No. 1 would be about second on the Titan's edge rusher depth chart.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Manchin better use whatever political capital he's built before 2022, because after that, it's probably gone for good.

Fred siegle and Driftwood like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This guy needs dragged behind a car.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I assume they're using the mailing list from the campaign or something but we're now up to 3-6 emails a day "from the desk of 45th President Donald Trump" that land in our newsroom account. For my mental health, I should probably just delete without reading, but then I miss the nuttery like the Medina Spirit "junky" one and this most recent one which appears to rip on the 'Anonymous' author, a handful of minor figures from the Bush administration (Tom Ridge, Christine Todd Whitman) and something about men setting records in women's sports. I'd have to ask our higher-ups to block it because I think I'd be blocking it for everyone.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Civil War 2.0 in how many years?

I hate to have these thoughts in my head, but so, so many of the GOP politicians are unAmerican and outright traitors to the Constitution. I fear it’s going to come to shooting a whole shitload of them, and that never ends well for either side. But I have plenty of ammo.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a conundrum. How does one defeat a fascist authoritarian political party through democratic means. Perhaps it can't be done, but I'd bet anything the shooting comes from the GOP first. Drive-bys at polling places with long lines in minority neighborhoods come November 2022.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If kid with the ball is going to plow people like that, he needs to change to No. 27.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is one of the things I do not miss about being in the business or having Trump on Twitter. Whenever Trump tweeted or wiped his ass, we had to drop everything and put it on our homepage.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If I were a real bastard instead of just your run of the mill asshole, I'd tweet back:
    "What's that? Can't hear you. Stand up when you speak."

Draft saved Draft deleted