1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Somebody's gonna get the shot, take their F-150 out on the track, and fucking die a fiery death. I'm there for it.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It will work for some of those dipsticks.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And a pleasant good evening to you too.

4. Michael_ Gee

Oh come on. It would be a terrible tragedy. But it would also be very funny. Two sides of the same coin.

5. dixiehack

The Talladega folks do something similar from time to time for donations to storm relief after a big tornado or hurricane, so this ain’t their first rodeo. It’s paced laps, and if anything I bet they have more trouble encouraging people to pick up enough speed not to go sliding down the turns, which start to look a bit like Mount Cheaha if you are looking up from the apron in person.

OscarMadison and doctorquant like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

I'm sure you're right. If I was on that track in my 2018 Subaru Forester, I'd probably creep around on the apron line at like 65 or so.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado's indoor mask mandate for fully vaccinated has been lifted. State is advising, but not requiring, the unvaccinated to continue wearing masts indoors with more than 10 people.

Governor says lifting the requirement will encourage people to get vaccinated.

Good luck with that.

This thing is basically over.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Again, if you’re unvaccinated and choose to go out in public and you get severely ill, sorry bro. This is no longer a public health emergency, at least not in the US

Gutter and lakefront like this.
  9. dixiehack

Maybe it is different in blue states with stricter enforcement, but the people who never bought into the seriousness of the pandemic around here stopped even pretending to do the mask thing many squares back.

SFIND, Gutter, lakefront and 3 others like this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Last weekend, for the first time in a long time, I went with my wife into the local Costco. They were still strictly enforcing the mask-wearing rule, and to step from the parking lot into the store was like walking into another state.

No one's been wearing masks around here for months.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Seven of the 10 whose deaths were announced in Oregon today were 65 or older. They were eligible for the vaccine in February. Not surprising, most lived in counties with low vax rates.

Gotta agree with Cosmo on this. If you get sick and die now, 99.9% chance it's on you.

Gutter and lakefront like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yannow, I'd take 'em up on it. A Ford Fiesta on a NASCAR track would be funny, but I'd still enjoy it.

VROOM!
    ford prefect.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted