1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Masks are all but history in my locale. Business after business has shed them in the last 24 hours. Happy that yesterday marked my official standing as fully vaccinated and that my kid and hubby beat me to it.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mask mandate indoors and out in the town center area still in force here. $300 fine possible. Barnstable County has the highest vaccination rate in highly vaccinated Massachusetts, but tourist season is starting, so I'm not sure the town board of health will lift the mandate just yet.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

End of May here. People with young kiddos not yet vaccinated are cautious.

And no one wants to look like a Trumper.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'll still wear a mask when I get out, which I hope is very soon.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Funny. I see much more scolding and poking fun at people who are still wearing masks than I do of people who refused to get the vaccine.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Patchen like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Our 12-year-old is going RIGHT NOW to get her first dose. She'll get her second when she comes back from a school trip to the Tetons.

9. swingline

I'd give another of @Chef2's toes — hell, maybe the tip of one of my little toes — to be able to drive my car two laps around Talladega. Pace speed has to be at least 100-110 mph, right? That's an easy fourth gear with lots of room left in my Cobra. After driving that car at 120 through the Illinois corn night — yeah, 140 mph, I could do that.

My sister used to sell Fords, and one year she got to go to the Richard Petty thing where she had some training and then got to run laps at the St. Louis track. She ran at 125 mph, which was about all the governed out cars would go.

OscarMadison and Chef2 like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

AL.com story says they were topping out at 75-80 mph. Sorry champ. They did say some guy drove down from Virginia to do it and since he was already vaccinated he took a nose swab test instead to qualify.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. swingline

If that’s the top speed, thanks but no. I can hit that on the interstate.

Draft saved Draft deleted