1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how this is going to be enforced. If you're not wearing a mask, are you going to be required to carry and show your vaccination-record card, or what?

Or, does the rule change mean just that nobody's going to be checked, stopped or supplied with a mask, etc.?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Is that a rhetorical question? No one, anywhere is going to ask if they're vaccinated. The non-vaccinated, hoax believing trumpers win. They no longer have to wear their masks and they have long decided that they will not be vaccinated. So those of us who have non-vaccinated people in our lives will have to take precautions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

Why do I suspect a surge of ER visits in the next month from people suddenly being exposed to all the "other stuff" that masks prevented, regular germs, allergies etc. to go with everyone suddenly returning to the gym and pulling muscles, tearing ligaments and other Weekend Warrior stuff as they try to get back into shape.

MLB Fan 1983 likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why would Weekend Warrior injuries not happen if the mask mandates went away in, say, September?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It’s almost like people are hoping for a surge because of the relaxation of the mask mandates

8. DanOregon

Oh they'll happen, I just think with the nice weather and people eager to "get moving" - those (perhaps especially those who were frequent exercisers) working out won't realize how far their bodies have regressed and start back up at a pace where they were before COVID hit.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's too funny ... in a not-that-funny way.

I need my vehicle again, which would have zero problem putting this Fiesta away.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What percentage of anti-vaccine and vax-hesitant people were otherwise strictly following guidance on masks?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Interesting that you'd ask. One time, they sent us out of the Talladega media center through the pit gate and onto the apron of the track around Turns 1 and 2. The banking is so steep at that point, you can't actually see anything but asphalt from out the passenger window. Of course, me and the rental car decided to see what speed I needed to attain to stay at least in the lower groove. Even at 60 mph, the car's not going fast enough to overcome the lack of adhesion and washes back off the banking. By then, I was to the backstretch exit and didn't think I wanted to test my luck further with the local gendarmes.

I'm going to guess it would take a minimum of 100 mph just to stay on the track.

My father told me the test track at GM in the late '50s -- which was not banked nearly as much as Daytona or Talladega -- required a 90 mph minimum speed, but at 120, you could take your hands off the wheel and scare the guy sitting in the passenger seat.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That depends on the trim level.

upload_2021-5-16_21-47-9.jpeg

Hermes and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted