1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe don’t call him an expert just because that’s how he refers to himself.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

North Carolinians were smart enough to vote him out. Tennesseans will re-elect Gov. Short Bus.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thing is, while I like Roy Cooper and think highly of the way he's handled most issues, I honestly think he's there because that many people were angry at Pat McCrory ... and Dan Forest, according to one former colleague of mine who had to attend a function of his, is an idiot. And the former colleague is not a hard-left liberal – not by a long shot.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

BS. When the SPC spent like that, they couldn't get behind it fast enough. But, similar to the SPC, they want credit they don't deserve.

Those people are worse than three-year-olds who think their preschool teacher didn't give them enough freaking gold stars ...

6. Driftwood

It still boggles my mind that Cooper won re-election but Trump and Tillis carried the state. Were there that many split ticket voters?

7. Sam Mills 51

Had to be ... which underlines and hammers home just how stupid Dan Forest is. Lack of intelligence and lack of morals or decency didn't stop them from voting for Tillis or the SPC.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The better question is how a state that likes to think of itself as having outgrown Jesse Helms and Big Tobacco can still vote for any Trumpists. Hint: It's still closer to 1965 than it will ever admit. Having lived in the state for a while, I feel at liberty to opine.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

I reject this turned up to 11.

Country music singer Lee Greenwood's enduring patriotic hit "God Bless the USA" is the inspiration behind a new custom Bible.
    The "God Bless the USA Bible" not only includes the New International Version translation of the sacred text, but also copies of America's founding documents and the chorus of the well-known song Greenwood wrote in 1983.
    The singer-songwriter said he thought the custom Bible was a grand idea. Greenwood said readers can refer to the Bill of Rights, U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Pledge of Allegiance located at the back of the Bible and know the country got its start not by escaping religion, but by escaping persecution.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted