1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Just got back from getting Pfizer #1. Also got my car inspected and the plates renewed. This is the first time I have been out of the house except for two Lyft rides to the pharmacy since the first week of March last year. I will keep wearing a mask. Mine are cute fundraiser masks from JoAnn. FWIW, there was drama. My mother does not trust big pharma, loves sheltering in place... My doc wanted me off antibiotics due to a dental issue and he wanted my BGL to be lower before I did this. Frankly, I felt like I had a target drawn on my forehead for the past two months. So there was a lot of walking around, baleful looks, sighing, and the usual old southern lady dramatics. The bright spot was taking her to the tiny horse farm. The farm is small, the horses are tiny as in the size of golden retrievers.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    lakefront, HC, 2muchcoffeeman and 6 others like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Baby steps, OM. If the two weeks' window is to be believed, I am fully vaccinated, which is to say the vaccine has had time to take full effect.

I will continue to wear a mask because people will gladly lie and claim they're vaccinated. I have ... black masks, a Carolina Panthers mask and three Carolina Hurricanes masks because ... well, those who think they know me won't be surprised in the least.

Baby steps, OM. Forge your own path and to hell with anyone who is ignorant enough to take issue with it.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

To be clear: You'll continue to wear a mask to protect the unvaccinated liars, yes?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I won't.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You won't...wear a mask? Yeah. Neither am I.

But @Sam Mills 51 said he would. I was just curious the reason.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm vaccinated, so no need.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will wear a mask when required and otherwise won't. I mean, on a city bus or a transatlantic flight I can see why. Someone's private business, like my local tiny liquor store, I can see why. But otherwise, no.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less what happens to the great majority of them (minors and those with clinical issues making vaccination too risky are exceptions).

Why are you being so passive-aggressive with your trolling? Usually, you're more direct in acting like an a_shole ...

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to respond. I will wear a mask to protect minors, people who can't get the shots, myself. Anyone else who benefits is not really a concern.

Dyno, Alma and TheSportsPredictor like this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is so true. Online-watching and live-streaming became the way to attend church during the pandemic, and, lo and behold, a lot of people actually really like it, and have probably come to prefer it, even.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why are you continuing to wear a mask? The reason you gave "I will continue to wear a mask because people will gladly lie and claim they're vaccinated" is confusing. If you're wearing the mask because of other people who are unvaccinated, logic would follow that you're wearing the mask to make sure they don't get COVID. Is that why? Or did I misunderstand?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Do you think everyone should continue to wear masks to protect minors until minors can get vaccinated?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted