1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well I agree. But we have a poster who doesn't agree, and I'm curious why.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

In an ideal world, everyone would. We're talking about minors. They have no say in this. As an adult, I have a responsibility to not cause harm to people who have less agency than I have (or anyone, really. )

Inky_Wretch, Alma and Dyno like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I went into the office today. On the last block of the walk back from lunch, I did a count of mask wearers (those walking, not waiting outside a building standing around). Eleven of 14 were. Just a random sample from the edge of a cluster of hospitals.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. FloridaGator

FloridaGator Member

I'm a bit different on this. I am fully vaccinated but plan to continue to wear a mask when I go indoors to places such as the grocery store and post office. Being vaccinated is not a 100% guarantee that I can't get COVID-19, so I will do simple things to try to minimize my chances further. To be fair, wearing a mask doesn't bother me at all and it's not a burden, perhaps if it was, I'd feel differently. Hell, I may wear a mask for years moving forward just so I don't have to fake smile at strangers while walking by them.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm fully vaccinated and I'm not wearing a mask anymore on my regular daily walks. I do wear one everywhere else I used to wear one. Most people I passed today were masked.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For whatever it is worth.

COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fully vaccinated. I don't wear one outside. If there's a sign to wear one indoors, I do. When I fly, I most likely will. And I likely will wear one more in the winter, though I get the flu shot and haven't had the flu in 30 years (knock on wood).

maumann, OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Personal choice. You know, that freedum you guys clamor for.

Necessary or not, it's a pretty minor inconvenience. And it does keep you healthier, not just from Covid, but from the flu and other airborne toxins in future years.

OscarMadison and Alma like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Personal choice is what it is. I respect that.

FWIW...I think the mask has made other folks sick. Breathing their own air, etc. more with the cloth masks. I switched to blue, and those weird 3-hour sore throats went away.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

If you’re fully vaccinated and don’t want to wear a mask then that’s your decision. If people want to keep wearing the mask after being vaccinated then that’s up to them. Who are we to ask them why? I’m sure they have valid reasons.

OscarMadison and Dyno like this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sam!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep, that's my take on it. I'm not wearing mine unless I have to, but if others choose to wear theirs, that's their choice. Doesn't affect me one bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted