1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"I thought I did that."
    [/desantis]

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is that what your medical background tells you?

matt_garth and Mngwa like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He has just a bit of an ignorance problem ... and a stupidity issue ... and an ego problem.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s what my personal, lived experience told me. And told others I know.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's well documented that surgeons have to take days off after hours long surgery because they've fallen ill from breathing their own breath.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Fully vaccinated. Do not wear a mask during outdoor walks since there is sufficient air circulation. In the week since my state and city have phased out their mandates, I have mostly worn one indoors to adhere to the wishes of proprietors who still require them except when explicitly told it was not necessary (the Y), though honestly I haven't gotten out that much this week thanks to work so it's a fairly moot point.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My county is closing on on 70% of 18 and over vaccinated, the best in my state. Cases dropped off to almost nothing once we hit the 65% mark. This week they opened up vaxxing to age 12-14 with parental permission, and anyone 15 and over without it. Huge teen-oriented clinic today should get another 1,000 or so vaxxed.

My neighboring county is very red, and slightly larger than my very blue county. They have less than 50% vaccinated. They also have had more deaths (70-20), more total cases (5,100-3,100) and cases there are still in the 30-40 per day range, while we've been under 10 and one day this week only had one. Masking and vaxxing work.

The neighboring county also won't allow anyone age 15-17 to be vaxxed at a county-run facility without parental consent, even though it is state law that 15 and over don't need parental consent. My wife works in that county; I swear her IQ drops 20 points when she crosses the Willamette in the morning and goes back to normal when she returns at night.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would not expect this response from you.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I wrote, when I switched to the surgical masks - the ones doctors wear - the issues went away.

It's just the way it went for me. And others I knew - with the cloth masks, anyway.

Maybe it was all in our heads.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Doses administered per 100,000 residents in May:
    Trumpist states: 8,894
    D states: 14,232

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The frustrating thing is the numbers are small enough now that they’ll ignore the difference. The deaths will come in ones or twos per day. And we’ll lose thousands of people unnecessarily.

SFIND likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arkansas is ending the state of emergency on May 30. Why? Because people know what they need to do during the pandemic. Oh, but we are spending $8 million on ad campaigns to encourage Arkies to get vaccinated - even though they know what to do.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted