1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Arizona secretary of state says Maricopa County should replace millions of dollars worth of voting equipment because of GOP-backed recount

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

What the fuck have these people actually achieved? They lost every race they microtargeted.

You helped build this Death Star ya little superannuated ferret. Fuck yourself.

And now get paid to 'fix' the thing you broke - how very Bush Republican.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"I was going to tell you this really great time travel joke but..."

"But what? Tell me!"

"You didn't like it."

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Former President Donald Trump charged the US government at least $40,000 for Secret Service to use a room at his Mar-a-Lago resort after he left the White House, The Washington Post reported on Friday.
    Trump's Palm Beach, Florida resort charged taxpayers $396.15 every night from January 20 to at least April 30 for a single room Trump's security detail worked out of, according to spending records The Post obtained through a public-records request.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. He's still dead right, and they're spending money to say so on a big stage. Those guys write and run the kind of political attack ads that the R's beat the D's to death with against Trump and his toadies. Ok, he's cashing in on those credulous enough to give money. That's their choice.

He's still speaking the plain truth loudly to people who need to hear and understand it.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

How is this not subject to the GSA per diem rates?

upload_2021-5-21_11-34-8.png

garrow likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We've become so stupid that I have to ask ... is this a real tweet? From Cornyn? Agreeing with Pelosi? Saying we need the 1/6 commission?

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't have an answer, but I'd guess it relates to the fact that they were working out of the room, not lodging in it, which is where a per diem might apply. It probably falls within the budget of the secret service for expenditures necessary to do their job. If Trump is staying at Mar-a-Lago, the Secret Service needs a place at Mar-a-Lago to stage themselves.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh wait, he tweeted it on 2/13.

lakefront, HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted