1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Onion's production values are slipping.

heyabbott and garrow like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I spent so much time
    Believing all the lies
    To keep the dream alive
    Now it makes me sad,
    It makes me mad at truth
    For loving what was you
    --"Eyes Without a Face," Billy Idol (Chrysalis Records, 1983)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Bill Clinton is the worst man on Earth; I, on the other hand, am a hero."

(What Clinton did to Monica Lewinsky was horrible, but relatively speaking the bigger point stands. Clinton messed up and was impeached. This utter POS impregnated a clearly underaged girl and is trying to paint himself as a hero. Worse, the Republicans are acting as normal ... KNOWING that if the man had a "D" beside his name, they would be verbally burning him to the ground.)

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thankfully, the vast majority of the idiots who stormed the Capitol were more interested in social media posts than in taking power.

If some of the hard-core White Power people who are actually competent with firearms had been in charge ... I don't want to think about it.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well he explains he's "all but estranged" from his little bastard boy, who has "made some bad decisions."

Heh heh heh.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Poop

She represents the district in which I live, but she doesn’t represent me.

garrow likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What a lying asshole. That’s a gender neutral insult right? It would be sexist to call her a lying bitch. And while calling any gender a whore may be an insult, it’s clearly both impliedly sexist and casting sex workers in a negative light, which would be wrong. I would call trump or Hannity a lying asshole. So it’s an insult without gender. I also think calling straight women a cocksucker is more descriptive than an insult and to use it pejoratively against a male would insinuate that homosexual conduct is something bad.

I would call her a lying pussycat too. While pussycat is decidedly a sexist pejorative, if used properly and deservedly, tough, She deserves it.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sadly, she fulfilled the Romeo and Juliet metaphor. He did not.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

We have made it so that fundamentally good human
    beings don’t run for public office, and the rot is taking over.

Mngwa, Driftwood and heyabbott like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

4 or 6 years from now is a long time. How are there not 10 reasonable Senate Republicans whose seats are fairly safe or who are a ways away from election who could vote for this and get the country moving in the right direction? Romney? Murkowski? Even Collins could vote for a commission. She just won reelection, for crying out loud.

garrow and matt_garth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted