1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Somebody will cover that through a Trumpist GoFundMe account. He'll never pay out of his pocket. He'll never pay in any way. Trumpists never have to suffer consequences. It truly is amazing.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can't GoFundMe your way out of Attica. That's Twitchy's future address.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Santorum is ignorant, and clearly dismissive of Native American culture, but he's a white, conservative expected to dole out controversial remarks - Cuomo undermined the credibility of his show and his network. You want to be a brother first? Fine, go on the Gov's payroll.
    CNN has cycled through at least 10 "conservative contributors" since Trump was elected, each dumped when they crossed the line. Santorum is the latest. Cuomo is in the middle of their prime time lineup, and the network already chose to not cover the Gov. for one-third of its prime time due to the relationship. Santorum is already forgotten - Cuomo's actions will fester. People will wonder what else he is choosing not to disclose.

Patchen and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

CNN should have pulled Chris Cuomo off coverage of his brother and said they were doing it, and ran a disclaimer during his show that he was not covering his brother. That he was not aggressive with his brother, that's human nature.

But I refuse to give Santorum and, by association all the Republicans, a pass on yet another explicit display of racism and hatred.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm fine with just sacking both of the shitbirds. Like, it's not an either-or.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not giving Santorum a pass at all. Too often ignorant comments from white conservatives are given a light pass because "that's who they are" - and I give CNN credit for taking the action they did. I just wonder why Cuomo - who should be held to a higher journalistic standard than Santorum - had no problem "working" for his brother (and probably giving a heads up on what was on CNN's radar) while cashing CNN checks.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yes, but as a noted racist, it would be a bit surprising if a girl blinded RICK with racism.

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

Apologist reply in 3, 2, 1...

Note that bomb on board protocol is to land at the closest airport. The plane was much closer (two to three minutes) to Vilnius, its destination, than to Minsk... but there wasn't a fighter plane pushing it in that direction.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that they decided to force the landing when they realized that they couldn’t open a window on the plane.

Draft saved Draft deleted