1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why would we? The guy didn't even finish college.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yes, that must be the thing everyone finds objectionable about Rand Paul. How very elitist of us all.

SFIND likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Famous last words.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

To be fair to the asshole (which pains me) he says that he does not need the vax because he had Covid and his body has already built immunity.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Weak, weak excuse. Get it anyway. Cannot hurt. Might protect him from variants.

He's just looking to get a rise out of people. Otherwise, he should have merely shut up and moved on. But, apparently, he needs petting on the head from one of the propaganda outlets.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It doesn't just get a rise out of people. It supports other idiots looking for an excuse not to get vaccinated, including some who haven't had COVID.

SFIND and tapintoamerica like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Wuhan lab: New US report on researchers' illness furthers debate on Covid-19 origins - CNNPolitics
    And this, for good measure. Seems like the responsible position continues to be not to completely rule out the lab leak hypothesis but still insist on better evidence.

SFIND likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Alabama lege should be issued clown shoes and big red noses immediately after they are sworn in.

What a colossal waste of time and resources this political posturing is... and they'll probably still spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars for attorney fees to fight to keep it. Morons.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Like all of us, I have no idea where this virus and the disease came from.

But this came up months ago on here when there was that New York magazine piece hypothesizing about the possibility it escaped from that lab. ... like if they were doing serial passaging of a virus they pulled from a bat and then whatever it had turned into accidentally got out.

Several people on this thread were trying to shout me down for suggesting the piece was well done.

What we knew was that the outbreak occurred in the backyard of China's only level 4 virology lab, which we already knew was studying the closest known relative to the coronavirus that caused the pandemic. On top of it, several biothecists who were mostly being ignored by people, had long been sounding the alarm on the lab's practice of creating viral chimeras for study purposes.

I just thought that lab bore some level of scrutiny. But almost from the get go, there were people saying that it was "proven" that it hadn't come out of that lab, when what I was seeing was a very cliquey community of scientists in that field, all of whom looked like they were defending their colleagues more than they were actually giving evidence that it couldn't have come from that lab.

The fact that the Chinese haven't been transparent, have tried to hide and cover up info and keep deflecting by throwing out ridiculous theories about it being the U.S. that created the virus, just adds fuel to the fire.

None of that means that the virus did escape from that lab. We still don't know. But that farce of a WHO commission did nothing to answer the question. It actually did the opposite, because it said some things conclusively while offering no evidence.

It would be great if the rest of the world could see what that lab was up to, in an open and transparent way, not for some political "Chiiiiiina" reason, but because if this was an accident originating in that lab, we could use the info to try to prevent future pandemics.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted