1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My my hey hey
    Trumpism is here to stay
    It is better now but his fans won't fade away
    My my hey hey

Out of the blue and into the red
    They give you bleach and don't care about the dead
    Once democracy's gone
    It can never come back
    When you're out the blue and into the red

Jack's gone, but he's not forgotten
    This is the story of Tommy Cotton
    It's better to burn than it is to trust
    Jack's gone but he's not forgotten

Hey hey my my
    Election myths will never die
    They deny the bad and turn a blind eye
    Hey hey my my

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And at the same time, there is great evidence that productivity has really climbed while people were working from home. Which would mean that people are having sex, dating, taking naps, doing side hustles, etc. ... and the lack of a commute combined with the pandemic was leaving a lot of people time to do those things and excel at their jobs.

There are two ways to look at it for an employer who is ready to tell people to come back. There is conjecture that productivity gains were huge when people started working from home because of the lockdown itself. Putting aside people having sex and taking naps. ... there were fewer distractions competing with work, and work may have actually been something a lot of people looked forward to to give a sense of normalcy and create a distraction from the pandemic.

Surveys show that a lot of bosses and managers think that when employees are working from home, they waste time, don't work hard, etc. The bias is, "If I can't see you, you must be goofing off." But researchers looking at it find it's sort of a mixed bag. It's not like people don't waste time in the office. They wander around, chit chat at the water cooler, etc. The question is whether that camaraderie and people having face-t0-face time actually adds something to the business that gets lost when people are at home.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Who wants to use a water cooler after Covid? LOL

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And you already know the unspoken second part of that statement: “It’s what I’d do.”

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My wife's employer found it to be a huge boon and has told a lot of departments they can WFH permanently. Trackable productivity was up and they discovered via VPN log-ins that employees spent more time working. They'd log-on an average of 22 minutes earlier each day and log-off an average of 97 minutes later each night.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

Of course he did. Of course he did.

I’d link to the ESPN version but the Post version is written better with more focus.

Donald Trump allegedly attempted to stop a congressional probe of the Spygate case involving the New England Patriots by offering a bribe to then-Sen. Arlen Specter, the late senator’s son claimed Wednesday.

An ESPN report detailed how Trump, nearly a decade before he became president, allegedly acted on behalf of Patriots owner Robert Kraft when he met with Specter in 2008 to offer him “a lot of money in Palm Beach” if the then-Republican senator from Pennsylvania dropped his investigation into the team. Shanin Specter, the senator’s son, said to ESPN that Trump intervened in the probe, while Charles Robbins, the senator’s longtime communications aide, told The Washington Post that he surmised Trump to be the person who offered Arlen Specter the bribe.

In a Wednesday email to The Post, Shanin Specter confirmed that his father, who died in 2012, explicitly indicated to him that Trump had attempted to bribe the senator, then the ranking Republican of the Senate Judiciary Committee, in exchange for dropping the investigation of the Patriots illegally filming an opponent’s hand signals.

“He told me it was Trump,” Specter, a personal injury and medical malpractice attorney in Philadelphia, said to The Post.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ocial&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_source=twitter | The Washington Post

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If your immediate assumption is your employees are goofing off if you can’t see them you either hired or retained slackers and fuck offs - and that’s on you and your shit character judgement - or you’re an insecure, paranoid maniac - and that’s on you too. Either way, it’s on you; not them. I don’t care which pill you take, but you qualify for one of them.

Kato and wicked like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Some of us work through our lunches now because we don’t have to go out for lunch when we work from home. I’m sure that Forbes story is coming any day now.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

Draft saved Draft deleted