1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So this morning I've seen tweets from at least three Washington reporters saying Joe Manchin is taking the heat for other Democratic Senators who don't really want to pass voting rights and/or infrastructure legislation, especially if the latter contains tax increases on the wealthy and corporations. So my question for these scribes is this: If you know who these Senators are, why aren't you naming names so we voters can primary their chickenshit asses? If that would betray a confidence, then just don't tweet the first statement. "I know something I won't tell" is about the worst stance any reporter can ever take.

dixiehack, Driftwood and lakefront like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don't forget, they beat the British Empire in spring training.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Forget that. In their first game they beat Alexander the fucking Great. The Roman Empire wouldn't even put 'em on the schedule.

cyclingwriter2 and Driftwood like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but who has Afghanistan played on the road, PAWLLL?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the NCAA got mad at them for that, so they put Bactria State on probation.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Athletic journalists won't even name the Clippers player who mocked Terry Stotts to Damian Lilliard. The industry in every area is full of people who write for a tiny audience of insiders, and then take care of those sources to a degree so undue it locks out the readers they actually serve. It's part of the reason - not all of the reason but part of the reason - why the reading public thinks the mainstream media is full of it.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If the US is willing to pay for it and take almost all of the heat for it, then you bet, Europe ready to prove its capacity.

I'm not really being facetious. That's what it'll take.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What the bloody hell?

[​IMG]

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a Coffee and Cigarettes vignette to be done with this Bracken fella and J. Edgar Hoover.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted