1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Link?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The Pride lighting is coming back on:

Acosta Bridge Pride lights will be back on in Jacksonville tonight

Govs. office said it had nothing to do with the decision. But as someone once pointed out, Ron DeSantis takes credit for things he had nothing to do with (such as lauding a state budget that had a $10 billion surplus -- coincidentally, it included $10 billion in Federal COVID aid that every GOP member of the Florida House/Senate delegation voted against) and accepts no responsibility for things clearly his fault.
    The Jacksonville Transit Authority said the Florida DOT ordered it to turn off the Pride lights. The Florida DOT is under the state government.
    Ron DeSantis may not have given the order. But someone in the state government thought this was a good idea. The state also has not allowed Pride lights on bridges in St. Petersburg and Sarasota in the past.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has had quite the hatelful month, in addition to someone in his administration ordering the Pride lightning turned off on the Jacksonville bridge:

DeSantis Signs Anti-Trans Bill On 1st Day Of LGBTQ Pride Month

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Refuses to Pay for Counseling for Pulse Shooting Survivors

As one Twitter pundit said, (I wish I could claim credit): "As someone who identifies as an asshole, you'd think Ron DeSantis would have more compassion for the trans and gay communities."

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Garland is looking more and more like a very poor choice for this part. Remember when this was lauded as a great move?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Did you issue the code red yellow orange green and blue!

garrow, matt_garth and TigerVols like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I am sure the Forest Service doesn't have time to work on altering the orbits of the moon and earth because it's been so busy developing a defense system against the Jewish Lasers from Space.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And raking the forests.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I can't even

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why can't the Forest Service just rake the moon with Jewish Lasers?

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

that shit stain's not coming out.

I've heard some dumb things in my time on this mudball called Earth but that one needs fitted for a championship ring.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Establishment gonna establishment.

Draft saved Draft deleted