1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Driftwood and TigerVols like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or redirect the water flow with a few flicks of a Sharpie?

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Joe Manchin strikes me as the type of guy who gets the game winning shot drawn up for him and then passes it off as time winds down. It says something that no GOPers are coming to him, they're going straight down to the White House to get a deal done.
    Shoot, there are no Democratic roads or Republican roads - good gravy. This was his moment to be "the guy" and he whiffed. Also, it says something about how messed up our politics are that he cares more about how other Senators feel than the vast majority of voters in his state (which I think would mean that the bill has "bipartisan support."

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Why are you a Democrat, Sen. Manchin?"

[​IMG]

"I don't know. I don't know, I don't know what to do."

[​IMG]

"You can act like one!"

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

She’s a martyr in MAGA land because she’s the only one to die at the Capitol
    They don’t count Sicknick or the suicides

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You don't reveal names to violent terrorists.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Then charge them as terrorists. Otherwise, they have rights as citizens.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Like peaceful protestors gassed for Orange Hitler's photo op?

LOLOLOLOL

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bingo. They have rights either way. A freedom of information act should net that info for anyone, not just her husband. Those cops don't work in secrecy. Everything they do should be subject to scrutiny.

Also, even though from the video I don't think the police should be liable at all for her death, I don't see how you can investigate yourself and find no wrong doing.

Her husband should be able to sue -- the department, the individual cop. A court should the ones to tell him no.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

coffeeman-

I am pulling back from the daily consumption of related news, but I saw yesterday that E. Jean Carroll's case is being mucked up by Justice.

I've said repeatedly I don't expect him to do time but we should have transparency, and 75 million people should be made aware they voted for a rapist.

And let history judge him and them as those who failed their country, as it assuredly will.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted