1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We had 30 showings and 10 offers in two days. Three offers before the first showing. All offers over list. Highest was $25.5K over list.

Realtor told me the offerpads and opendoor.coms are killing the market for ordinary folks. They come in, offer cash (which sellers prefer) and reduce inventory for everyone else.

Our highest offer actually was from opendoor.com. But I took $500 less to sell to a real couple. Now . . . 23 days after the contract was signed, 20 days after the inspection and 14 days before closing, buyers are scared they overpaid with all the work that inspection suggested and would like a price reduction.

Never mind that the contract said seller would perform no repairs and that the house I'm buying was chosen BECAUSE of the contract I have (could have picked one $30K cheaper we both liked). If these people back out . . . :mad:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife and I are finishing up our new place. The saving grace is all the lumber, trusses, framing, etc. was done in Jan/Feb before everything went nuts.
    We locked in our appliances, plumbing, and lighting back in December. If the price is up now before we move in, too bad, we agreed a price then.
    We picked out siding color in December. In March, we were told there was a 6-month backlog on siding except for four colors. Fortunately, our second choice (really my first) was available right away.

Heck, just Saturday my cousin went to buy some custom porch furniture, and there is a 5-month wait on that.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I bought a bookcase in the middle of January. It came in late May

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Shit. We're gonna need a wall unit and want a new dining table. Sounds like in addition to "five years, no interest" it'll also be "five months, no furniture."

Driftwood likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I got real lucky, but I wasn't in the single-family home market. I sold my condo near downtown Denver for a hefty profit and had multiple offers. But then the fun part -- trying to find a place in this market. I did find one, got lucky that my realtor was good friends with the sellers' realtor and kept us up to date where we were. Got a larger condo/townhouse north of the city for $5,000 more than I sold my place for. Upgraded with fresh paint and top-end vinyl flooring. Again, very lucky, but I know others are not quite as fortunate.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

We're on month three of waiting for a wall unit. ...

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A cousin ordered a couch set in November. It arrived last week.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

New landscaping supposed to be done in May. New date: July 15. There's a MULCH shortage!

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Less fertilizer to go around with Trump off Twitter.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. A friend of mine is moving for work. Selling his old place was easy. Finding their new place was brutal.

Draft saved Draft deleted