1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletic, Axios talking merger?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Mar 26, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll be all over this. Great pickup. In his intro column for the site, he shares a few plays he made in MLB more than a decade ago and some are incredible. And he's up front in that he's not going to be writing a picks column, good for him.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Good to see another industry lifer get a shot there.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Too had he's not covering the Angels. That's what they really need.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Their stuff on Euro 2020(1) is next level good.

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

6. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

The Athletic: So do you wanna acquire us?

NYT: Huh?

The Athletic: Yknow, acquire us.

NYT: Lol, sure whatever you say Glengarry Glen Ross (swigs rest of drink and closes bar tab)

The Athletic: That counts as a verbal contract right? Watson, get all our kiss-asses on the phone and tell them we’re striking a deal! Big Internet moneys everywhere guy!

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Is is true they don’t have a Suns beat writer because if so, yikes

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

They're busy covering the Angels .... oops, no, never mind.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Deep breath, deep breath. I make it a policy to stay out of these threads but I'm going to say a couple of quick things and get back to that.

*Two of the best we have, Doug Haller and Anthony Slater, have been covering the Suns. I've dealt more with Anthony and he's always good. The times I've handled Doug's copy I've been impressed.

*We've hired an Angels writer. Chill out Chris Long or find another bone to pick with us. Things happen sometimes. When I was in DC, my Redskins writer was hired away a week before the season opened. You scramble for a bit and adjust.

Carry on.

Alma likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Take it up with AZ. Are they beat writers or have they been covering lately? Not the same thing

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the woman they laid off last summer, when they started acting like a real media company by getting rid of anyone at the first sign of trouble, is writing for the Suns now.

12. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Sounds like covering lately. Haller is usually colleges and Arizona State, Slater does the Warriors and is NBA at large.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted