1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... while pleasuring themselves with the fruit.

What kind of fruit? What kind of pleasuring?

And that's how he meant it otherwise he would have said "while eating the fruit."

Has Jason ever pleasured a large grapefruit? Or lemon? Or pleasured himself with a _______ ?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

... pineapple?

3. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Maybe a donut or BBQ, but would Whitock know a fruit if it was in front of him?

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

easy now don't jump the gun the transgender bathroom column is still being drafted

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Grifters gonna grift, sure, but I just don't get how a guy who can claim to be for truth can so unabashedly champion one agenda. Sure, he may think the media has become grossly imbalanced on certain topics - but not all topics.

Just about the worst thing you can call a columnist is predictable, and he's become entirely predictable.

And he never could write.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Right-O

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He can write.

He's treating his ability to write like shit.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What is it about fame that lets such malignant insecurity fester in otherwise normal human beings?

Fdufta likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It takes a craftsman to create a column with as many jaw-droppingly disturbed comments as this one. Wow.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Since I know he reads this site, I think I’ve put my finger on it: Whitlock changed his style around the same time Patrice O’Neal was gaining popularity as a comic who poked fun at race and women. Here is Patrice:
    A39666CB-1FC5-47D6-9E10-F1D7DDDD0C76.jpeg
    Over time, especially over the last 10 years, I started noticing subtle changes in Whitlock and how he dressed on camera.
    7E827E94-B414-42D0-AE77-39C13B70A5AC.jpeg
    44A5CD8A-659D-42D6-A3DF-90F53A347C23.jpeg
    I really think Jason thought he was going to pivot and be the Patrice of sports journalism. That he could be controversial yet engaging like Patrice was — but he can’t. O’Neal had the ability to make you laugh yet think about some of the most absurd but true things in our society. Whitlock just comes off as Rush Limbaugh in a derby.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Whitlock is funny, but not ha-ha funny.

12. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Well-Known Member

Patrice doesn't deserve this.

Draft saved Draft deleted