1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The best explanation I have heard for Whitlock may actually be that he is imitating someone who has been dead for a decade.

2. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

As a fan of Patrice’s comedy, this made me sick, but there is a bit of a point he is making

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Blasphemy comparing the genius of Patrice with the buffoonery of Whitlock.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jason chose the wrong hat. A derby doesn't look good on him.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s Ithaca College West.

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

SFIND, Webster and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

This probably isn't great and I'm sure it's been noted on here, but...

...The thread is about when Whitlock stopped mattering and sadly, this is one of the most popular threads on the Journalism board since I joined in 2011.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sad truth is, this thread is a reflection of the industry now valuing social media "activity" (heat, likes-dislikes, outrage) and the "hot take" more than a well-structured and insightful piece of writing. And Whitlock has become the personification of that. You could put Stephen A. Smith in there, the Clay Travis' of the world etc.

SFIND likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Talking about = matters? I mean, I guess, but we’d be talking about a shitty columnist if he had a third arm growing out of his ass, too.

12. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

@Regan MacNeil I've thought he's been irrelevant for years. But people who truly don't matter don't hit 26 pages and counting on this board. He doesn't matter to me. But he clearly does to some folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted