1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed B Positive in its first season, in part because I think the female lead is just so charming. But they didn't think this story through and the second season started slow and is quickly becoming unwatchable. I don't want to watch cranky old people in a nursing home. There was certain charm to the group at the dialysis center, but there is nothing appealing about this rather stereotypical group of people they've put into this nursing home or assisted living facility, whatever it is.

Spartan Squad and sgreenwell like this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kind of shocking to look at the list of great actors who have been on that show, but hell, the paycheck from a Lorre show must cash pretty well.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It doesn't work with the Gina character as the responsible one and Middleditch's character being so annoying. Gina's recklessness made it funny. Linda Lavin was amusing last season, but now we have a cast full of similar characters.

Mngwa likes this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yeah. Lavin was such a surprise. And why should I be invested in a woman we just met who is dying? And the hoochie mama old woman and the cranky single man are so beyond stereotypical.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It went from believable to unbelievable and got really, really bad.

What was that show a few years ago, with the annoying little guy (Leslie Jordan?) that was set in a retirement home? It was brutal and I'm pretty sure it got nuked in season.

B Positive now reminds me of that.

But keep in mind I'm just a bitter old guy still upset about The Unicorn getting canceled.

sgreenwell and Mngwa like this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Cool Kids?

Also HOW DARE YOU call Leslie Jordan annoying. He is delightful. He was an amazing foil as Beverly Leslie on Will & Grace.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if I’m fully on board with Ghosts yet. Premise is ok but the execution isn’t living up. But this last week they explored the former life of one of the ghosts and it had as extremely touching end. The B story was quality. Best of the season, but the season has been meh so it isn’t saying much. I have it on to turn off the brain on Saturdays when I finally watch it via Paramount.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love you but we'll disagree on this one.

Wenders likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Morning Show lost its mojo.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ghosts is strangely entertaining. Not incredible TV, but it's 22 pleasant enough minutes, like so much of CBS' stuff.

MTM and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's right, CBS. Wash over me with your mediocrity. Make me feel nothing.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Who said, "I know what garbage reality show from the 2000s we should resurrect! JOE MILLIONAIRE."

(At least give me a reboot of Rock of Love.)

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted