1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

can’t read the columns but the headlines seem like standard intense-but-really-for-all-the-right-things Doyel fare.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alma-

All a semiserious conservative voice needs to do in this media habitat is stake out positions two or three ticks right of center and appeal to the sensible/moral on both sides.
    I wouldn't call myself a fan but I think he does that. If he's doing it purposefully it's a good hustle.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I guess I'm saying he doesn't strike me conservative - knowing full well we may have different opinions about that.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

That's a debate I don't care to have anymore, with anyone. None of us should be walking representations of our politics. It's not what citizenship was meant to be.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about politics. I'm talking about, I don't know which sports take he'd had that would be considered "conservative." Does he want to go back to the old bowl system or something? Is he against load management? A big believer in the idea of clutch in baseball? I have no idea. I know he said Tom Crean was a nice guy after he got fired at Indiana. That seemed like a stand-up thing to write, given the way Crean can come off.

Generally speaking, I feel like I read and hear mostly the same sports opinions, over and over again - some expressed better than others, some I agree with more than others - to the point where the Pat McAfees and Will Cains, much less Whitlock and goofball Travis, have an outsized, inappropriate influence just because they're...different. Not different in a good way either. Ditto with Joe Rogan. It's like 400 voices crowded into left field, virtually none in center and 25 people hugging the right-field line.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Kaepernick didn't go to USC. Geez.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

RADICAL LEFT LGBTQ+ COMMUNISM IS KILLING FOOTBALL!

Patchen likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, after a halftime show like that, more people were bound to tune in.

Draft saved Draft deleted