1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Survivor seems to be adding in so many twists, idols and advantages that the players can't keep track of them - I get they figured they needed to throw more stuff at the wall since they cut the time on the island by a third - but it's kind all kind of dumb.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yeah.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

For the first time in a decade I recorded the season, hoping to rekindle my love of the show...but the promos alone turned me off and I haven't watched a minute. I realize I get enough grievance and aggro in my feeds without going out looking for it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One thing I'd love to see on the show is an immunity challenge where everyone gets immunity, except the person who finishes last. The social part of the game is always the most important part, as does "outwit" but I'd like to see "outlast" really matter once in a while.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers would win that challenge.

maumann likes this.
  6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Seemingly much like when The Office started on NBC, CBS' Ghosts has basically ripped off the premise of the British version of the show. It's been OK but I'd like to see what they do when they go out on their own, so to speak. (The British version is, of course, very good but limited episodes so won't take too long to have to be original.)

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I knew it was a British show, I didn't realize they were going for a full remake. It will be interesting when they start branching out.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The best show on a CBS-controlled channel isn’t on CBS, and last night it rolled out a helluva season premiere.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, I love The Good Fight on Paramount+

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

TikTok

Wenders likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The fake idol play and the "turn back time" advantage were eye-opening and added juice to the season.

However, the multiple idols and advantages started making me think about 7 card stud with jokers and 9s wild and 4s extra cards and pretty soon everything is so diluted that 4 2s is nothing.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Leslie Jordan should play Lindsey Graham in the inevitable movie about this time in history.

Draft saved Draft deleted