1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Acapulco on AppleTV is a fun watch. It’s a comedy where a wealthy man tells his nephew about when he worked at an upscale resort in Mexico as a teenager in the 1980s.

The show goes back and forth between English and Spanish and has a sweetness about it.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The acting is fantastic and I like how they are handling the run up to Covid, but other storylines are not interesting or are taking the show away from its premise.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd love to be the director of the show.

Aniston is underwhelming and needs a swift kick to the ass. Same with Witherspoon.

They totally cut Billy Crudup's knees off this season.

And yeah, way too many storylines have gummed up the works.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Finished Narcos: Mexico. They do as good of a job with it as they did with the Columbian focus. This one also touches on the missing women who were found dead. Read they are not going to do a season 4, which is disappointing. They have a lot of material to cover with El Chapo and the efforts by women who wanted answers for their missing daughters. But the producer wanted to leave it where it was. Shame because I enjoyed the series.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Like most, I think the second season of The Morning Show has been kind of a mess. Not without some entertaining moments but not nearly as good as the first season.

The thing that keeps bugging me about this season is this: Jennifer Aniston’s character has been famous and at the top of her field for 15 years. Yet, she’s hysterical ALL OF THE TIME. Someone in her position would not be that much of an emotional wreck all the time, IMO.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There were some pretty good moments in this week's episode. Next week is the season finale. My guess is there isn't a S3 of TMS.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wow, completely forgot the Mrs and I were watching this. Huh need to get caught up

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

During the opening song on the Mary Tyler Moore Show in the later seasons she’s shown wearing a football jersey. Whose jersey was she wearing?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If they wanted a third season, they should have pretended Covid didn't exist in their storylines. 'Cause they're closing in on when all the control rooms and studios started to empty out.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, Aniston's character is the most narcisstic, self-centered, unaware person on the show, if not the world. She's awful.

Now Juliane Marguiles' character has some great lines/advice that applies to everyday life. I thought I would dislike her at the beginning but I love her advice and POV, its pragmatic and cuts to the chase.

As wifey says, the sets and glitz are gorgeous and the cast is star-studded, but there's not much there.

Draft saved Draft deleted