1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They've tried -- and it's not so bad -- to Wire up the opening theme music. It's kind of mesmerizing.

2. zufer

zufer Active Member

MTM is in a class of her own, but I just realized that Cheryl Hines has a passing resemblance to her.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don’t watch the show but if she’s playing a morning anchor that could be pretty damn dead-on.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman, maumann and zufer like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Sounds appealing. Is it anything like Prime's Red Oaks? It was also set in the eighties. The cast included Paul Reiser and Jennifer Grey, and yes, the characters talked about seeing Alien and Dirty Dancing.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

About 90 seconds longer than it needs to be. It's a regular FF-through.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I can't stand it. Always skip it.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of irritated they moved away from Lear shows, but other than Maude, its slim pickings. Still, Mary Tyler Moore seems like it would be a perfect coda to a year that saw three castmembers pass and could include a cameo from Betty White - the Chuckles ep?
    That said, can't argue with the casting of Arnold for this. Wonder which episode they'll do. Is there a "classic" facts of life episode?

And when do they get around to WKRP?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...lithgow-abc-live-diffrent-strokes-1235050280/

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get the sense that Survivor is in a massive budget-cutting mode. They cut the number of days (due to COVID) understandable, but seeing how much time is spent in tribal councils and how you tend to get maybe one "challenge" a show when they used to toss out a reward challenge AND an immunity challenge (and spend time on the "reward)" One fewer build per episode is a pretty big savings.
    The challenges and the rewards allowed for animosities to develop between the players, and helped magnify the weaknesses of the weaker players which spilled over into the social part of the game. Without the challenges and substituting "idol-and advantage-o-rama" really changes the nature of the game. I can't even remember the last medical evac they had.

I won't even get into the $1 million prize staying stagnant over the last 20 years. $1m in 2000 is $1.6m today.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How many more people would tune in to watch a stranger win $1.6m but not $1m?
    My guess is less than a dozen.

Draft saved Draft deleted