1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you're a Netflix fan, there's always the old reliable Seinfeld. Just watched the Marine Biologist episode for maybe the 100th time, still ROFL. TV Platinum.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That was on broadcast TV last night and it's still hilarious. One of the best episode endings along with the 'not that there's anything wrong with that" episode.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been mentioned here, but Dopesick on Hulu is pretty good. Only two episodes in, but Michael Keaton is great and the writing is not overwrought, which it could have been. Also as a Richmond resident, I'm enjoying the scavenger hunt of 'where was this shot in town.'

Wenders and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Red Oaks. One of my favorite parts of Acapulco is the cheesy duet singing snippets of 80s pop songs in Spanish, like Vacation and Karma Chameleon.

heyabbott and OscarMadison like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Is that a Titleist?

qtlaw and MTM like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Was going to post the trailer, but they make it look like an 80s' teen sex romp, which it isn't.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Red Oaks was a fun little show. Gage Golightly is stunning. The nerd pothead gets the other girl, who isn’t quite Gage but pretty hot herself.

heyabbott and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I liked Red Oaks when the Paul Rieser and Gina Gershon characters were the king and queen of the club before his downfall.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Still Game, still on Netflix and I am still hyping it. Ya pricks!

Yep, still enjoying Seinfeld too.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I got turned on to Yellowstone during my out-of-town Turkey Day sojourn.

Avoid the Train Station!

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I loved catching up on Yellowstone via DVD was the extras of the "bunkhouse" where they had some of the hands talking about the show. Funny, and rare you see a franchise give so much camera time (even if it is the DVD extras) to people so far down the call sheet. Here is a sample.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are 2 episodes in to the second season of The Great. Very enjoyable show and underrated.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted