1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I thought fracking was supposed to get us off the Saudi oil tit and bring the sheikhs to their knees. What happened?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Smaller-scale smash and grabs have been happening at bike shops for a few years. Pretty common, unfortunately. LEOs busted a ring operating around the west doing it.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

the companies doing it underestimated the costs involved. They borrowed a lot of money and are having trouble paying it back.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fracking has become less expensive. They're using shitty local sand in the Permian, instead of having to bring in trainloads of that high quality Wisconsin white.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What about the Yakuza?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not meaningless at all. After all, the Republicans use it as a talking point when it goes their way.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Same here at our Kroger, except I grabbed one of the last Philadelphia’s on the shelf. Had better luck at Aldi and found them totally stocked.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

San Francisco police sit and watch as criminals rob a dispensary. It’s almost like thieves feel like they can get away with it, so they’re emboldened.

The suspects, unidentified and still at large, had time to make a three-point turn in front of a police car before driving away.

San Francisco Police Sit and Watch as Burglars Escape

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have found Aldi's shelves well stocked . . . but still with little choice. My nearest one stocks exactly one brand of diet soft drink (Sprite, of all things). That's pretty bad.

That being said, I bought a loaf of bread, six bagels and 2 pounds of french fries for less than $5. What inflation? :)

Hermes likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I have a theory that no matter how much you put in an Aldi cart, it costs $35.

exmediahack, garrow and wicked like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cosco: One package of SJ.com stationery per person. Paper towels sold out.

Snooty high priced grocery: Shelves bursting with all manner of paper products, no limits.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You're getting some cops failing/slow to respond because their feelings are hurt because city officials want a little oversight and dare they ask, a little vaccination.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted