1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The police are a paramilitary force that must be reined in by the civilian authority on a regular basis.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

It is getting difficult to find a diet soft drink that is not a cola, even in larger stores. In groceries were I live I see diet Sprite, Seven-Up, Fresca, a diet ginger ale and a diet orange. My son loves diet cream soda but I don't see it. And I can not find diet grape anywhere.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Soda Stream-type devices are your friend. I know some people are concerned with SS’ activities in the West Bank or Gaza (forget which).

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've NEVER seen a diet grape soft drink, and I've been a diet soda addict for more than 40 years. Closest is Powerade Zero.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I introduce you to the wonder of Michigan’s magic elixir and ICP drink of choice, Faygo.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I used to down Faygo Red Pop like crazy in my early 20s. I’d gag on the sugar anymore.

My mom is from there and is a big Vernor’s fan. Now you can find it out here in a few places. I’ve never understood the appeal.

maumann likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

It is a pity you have lived so long and never been able to enjoy the pleasures of Diet Cragmont or Diet Shasta diet grape soda. Both brands have been around forever but I cannot find them in my local markets. Another example of our country going to hell.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    maumann likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Vernor's root beer was the best. Their ginger ale smelled like bubble gum. Vernor's and Stroh's, two great Detroit imports to WNY of my youth.

maumann likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine, since my wife's favorites seem to keep disappearing (Hancock Fabrics, Payless Shoes, A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts . . .).

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Rode by a couple of different strip malls around 7 am today on the way up to Tennessee. Parking lots looked like a Tuesday in May.

12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

When we visited family in the UP when I was a kid, Nesbitt's Orange soda was a favorite treat. We never had it in Chicagoland. I always assumed it was from Detroit, but Wikipedia says otherwises.

Draft saved Draft deleted