1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Dopesick is great, but not something I can just binge through. It's a very hard, but good, watch.

I am always intrigued by Michael Keaton. He's very good, as always.

The writer / exec producer, Danny Strong, was Doyle in Gilmore Girls. He's done quite well for himself.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Started Cowboy Bebop - live action.

Then my teen corrected me to watch the original animated version. My God, the music.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were shown constantly on Adult Swim when I was in college, circa 2002 to 2007. They're both really interesting shows, and the only anime I've really ever been into. (Other shows were on at that time and after, and didn't really "take.") Both are essentially weird space westerns, which help.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've meant to watch the anime Cowboy Bebop for years and never got around to it. Now I'm reluctant to watch the new one before I see the original. Sigh. LOL.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m watching the original. It’s worth it.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If it helps, the original is only 26 episodes, about 30 minutes each. There is also an animated movie, which takes place between episodes 22 and 23.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching Everybody Hates Chris with my 8th grader. A really sweet and funny show.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

MAJOR PROPS (or is is Probsts?) to Survivor for taking my suggestion, added bonus was adding in the "Monty Hall Problem." (and Xander mentioning it). They really need to keep this feature going forward - not only does it put real stakes into the immunity challenge, but it also makes the camp negotiations/discussions not knowing if the person is going home or not interesting.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Shrink Next Door? Anyone?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I got quickly hooked and have enjoyed. I haven't gone down the internet rabbit hole yet to see how much of it is true, but if a lot of it is ... wow. And over such a long span of time.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted