1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He's gonna need a bigger bus.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Being against abortion is a winning issue for the GOP. Actually repealing it is another matter altogether. Faced with their 15 year old darling getting knocked up, lots of people decide to quietly terminate the pregnancy rather than have her go through carrying a baby to term while in high school. Last I saw better than 60% were against repealing Roe.

We're looking at the dog who caught the car here.

Throw in that the middle class to affluent will find a way to travel to a state where it is legal. Lots of poor people do not have that option, though. Throw in the restrictive laws that require a multi-day process in some states. This will result in lots more "welfare babies" for the GQP to screw over.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

Not anymore.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oregon congressman Peter DeFazio will not seek re-election in 2022. after 18 (!) terms. He's my rep, a true Democrat, and a good guy. He is chair of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. The GQP sunk a ton of money into this race in 2020 and probably will again, although it's a pretty solid blue district.

OscarMadison and I Should Coco like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If Hillary takes the final weeks of campaigning seriously there's (likely) no President Trump and no 3 Trump-appointed justices.

So yes, in (many) ways it is the Left's fault.

But Roe being overturned (or whatever SCOTUS might do) will re-ignite the fire under the Left's ass in '22 and '24.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I apologize to @Alma. The Supreme Court abortion hearing isn't the headline news everywhere, as I so snarkily indicated a few posts ago. I now see why he thought no new organizations were covering it.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.18.44 PM.png

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What Happened With Merrick Garland In 2016 And Why It Matters Now

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

1. True
    2. Yes, to all of it
    3. If I was him, I’d rightly be pissed as well. But If nothing happened after Sandy Hook, ain’t nothing going to change.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I've never been to Breitbart.

And of course, after the arguments, it's the big story on lots of news sites. Yesterday? The day before?

Hell, look at this thread. You'll note when today's proceedings became a lead topic, and the big story that preceded it. It's Trump!

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Throw in also that it’s not 1955 anymore and that there are abortion pills that women 10 weeks pregnant or less will be able to access online, and have doctors from other states provide telehealth visits if the federal government allows them to. (For now, they can due to COVID emergency rules that could get wiped away of GOP gets power and rescinds them). Or women can order the pills from somewhere in Europe.

States that try to ban online purchases are going to have a heckuva time enforcing that. Those who will still suffer are poor women who are more than 10 weeks pregnant or those without Internet access.

12. Neutral Corner

No, it's that Trump knowingly went to debate Biden after he tested positive.

Today's proceedings became the lead topic as soon as it became apparent that what many people expected to happen was actually happening, with quotes.

Draft saved Draft deleted