1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Boobert has enough hate in her heart to start a car.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I went into the Ozarks today to ... well, I wouldn't really call it "hunting." It was more like "go sit in a treestand with a book to read and rifle just in case that 12-point I've been getting on camera showed up" since I'd already taken a nice 10-point a couple of weeks ago. On the way back to town, I decided to take the long way home and wind through parts of the Ozarks I'd not seen in years.

I came around one corner of a windy dirt road and was struck by a yard with at least 20 Trump, MAGA and FJB flags in front of the house. The house itself was half-finished, at best. There was no siding on it and no shingles on part of the roof. Instead of Tyvek house wrap, they'd gotten old billboard signs and used them to weatherproof the house. A lawyer who specializes in suing truck drivers had a billboard on the roof. A giant Col. Sanders covered half of the front of the house. A dozen or so broken-down cars were in the side yard. A guy was working on a fake Vespa scooter on the porch. It was at least a 30-minute drive to the nearest gas station. Probably 45 to the nearest grocery store and an hour to a doctor or ER.

What on Earth did that guy think Trump was going to do to improve his life? And how deep is he into the cult of Trump that he'd drop $200 (or even just $100) on those flags when he could have used it for much more important things like gas or shingles?

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I suspect support when your girlfriend or teenage daughter is pregnant reaches pretty near 90%.

The get-thee-to-a-nunnery option becomes more popular the further you get away from those two.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Whether denying a seat to Merrick Garland on the Supreme Court or denying Sarah Huckabee Sanders a seat at a restaurant, both parties have a civility problem.

Liut, Fred siegle, Patchen and 2 others like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I have to think, or want to, that doctors will quietly inform women of this in the face of unwanted pregnancy. Better than women mutilating themselves to end one.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why can't the Dems be more civil!?!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, if there's one thing we know it's that US laws forbidding drug trafficking are always super effective.

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Guess I should have bought coat hanger futures when I had the chance.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hey folks, read the First Amendment, "Freedom of Religion", NOT "Freedom to practice the Christianity we like".

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted