1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not my area, but the evidence seems to be trending toward its being both easier to get and easier to survive. Of course, the effects of this virus (and others) aren't in a vacuum; how "we" (ha ha!) behave will have a lot to do with the overall numbers. Such math as we have suggests that we'll see a lot more cases and a lot more deaths even if the proportion of cases that result in deaths declines.

sgreenwell and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just saw this Twitter thread, which may or may not be clarifying.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Fox does too
    Howie Kurtz, who used to work for CNN, is the host

Liut likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I will say that the virology/immunology/epidemiology measures can be totally counter-intuitive. For example, I'm still wrapping my head around the "incidental" rate. Apparently, an "incidental" case is when someone is diagnosed with COVID when they were being examined for something else. So a high "incidental" rate actually means the virus (or variant) is less likely to be causing noticeable problems.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are someone who would have previously escaped reinfection but now has the new version of Captain Trips, does that make you just as likely as any other patient to have a severe case, or are you more apt to fall in the mild box? I know you don’t know and they probably don’t have the research yet, but that is the question that came to my mind.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The dipshit "journalist" who needs to meet up with some Saudi Arabians and a bonesaw don't think that cop's death counts. She says he died from a stroke and it had nothing to do with the insurrection.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a third grade conspiracy theorist / bullshit artist put that together.

The Chinese took over the vote counts (no evidence, though). Or maybe it was Venezuela (no evidence of that either). But they only did it in states that Donald Trump lost. The evidence? Random reportings that Trump was ahead earlier in the evening in some of those states, even though votes hadn't been reported yet in more populous areas, so the numbers were still coming in.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Chief Justice Roberts with an indication of reasonableness in warning Supreme Court not to approve the idiocy of Texas abortion stature.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, as one MAGA told me, spelling bees are for pussies.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Part of me was appalled at just how shitty a PowerPoint that was. Black type on blue headers? Yeesh.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted