1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

SCOTUS will just invent a workaround — something like you can't sue based on a right that is enumerated in the Constitution, etc. but you can sue on abortion because the framers didn't enumerate abortion, etc. All this will do is highlight the Trump justices' hypocrisy, and they got their lifetime appointment so FU.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

At least one member of congress had their spouse arrested for exposure. But the media......Wait, how does that go again?

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Look, BLM just torched America's Christmas Tree.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We had a county commissioner die this week. He's a nutjob sovereign citizen, under federal investigation for refusing to pay taxes, etc.
    COVID got him because he was full blown denier.
    Oh well.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

God damn it. County commissioner, township clerks, road and drain commissioner, that's the last goddamn place in the world you want any of these MAGA motherfuckers (and don't forget to throw in school boards, too).
    These fuckers do not believe government works, they do not believe it can work, they do not believe it should work, and they'll do every fucking thing they can to make sure it does not work.

The micro local county and township offices are the agencies Joe Schmoe is most likely to come into contact to get something done in his daily life. You want somebody in that chair who is hell bent in proving the government does not work?

I've read stories of these MAGA maggot fuckers getting themselves into offices like zoning or building inspectors, they neglect or refuse to enforce ordinances because they don't think government should have that authority, then a couple years later the MAGAfucker inspector is gone and people get socked with big fines and penalties when it turns out that MAGAfucker didn't have authority to do that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Oh, you've met my local government.
    We've had elected assholes show up wearing MAGA caps. We had a school board member on a Zoom meeting have a Trump cutout in the background.
    A year or so ago our county commission had a vote to implement a dress code for itself. It got voted down because those commissioners needed to show up in t-shirt, blue jeans, and cow shit-covered Muck boots.
    I've said for years local government is truly broken because anyone smart enough to be a county commissioner is smart enough not to run for county commission.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Trumpists’ latest targets are every state and county election office. You think elections are rigged now …

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HBO's latest dramatic series is currently in development. It centers around a vile billionaire and his loathsome family: spoiled daughter and her hapless husband, coked up pervert sons.

"Suck Session" is set to premiere January 20, 2025

Driftwood likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It took me a minute to get that, but, uh, yeah.

Thanks! Still sidelined by the plague for the real thing. I'd probably get in trouble for vandalizing all the McConnell street signs if I reentered the commonwealth too early anyway. Some mellowing may have happened.

My truest lapse was the presumptive sentiment that she has a heart.

See the above, and what about those kids who were made to disappear by DHS, ICE, and the DeVos Charities?

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You haven't heard a word from the media because it didn't happen. Yes, there are missing children. Not nearly to those numbers.
    There were more than 300,000 "reports" of missing children. That doesn't mean more than 300,000 children are missing at any one time. Take away custodial issues such as batshit crazy parents who call the cops when the former spouse is 10 minutes late getting the kid back from their trip to the zoo, or custodial kidnappings where the issue gets resolved in a matter of hours or days, and the number of children who are missing and currently can't be found is a little over 2,000.

https://henricowarriors.org/breaking-down-the-number-of-missing-children-in-the-u-s/

Draft saved Draft deleted