1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We have a gas war going on in our town, so we’re at $2.79.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That’s a lot to unpack.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

David Allan Coe was wrong. That could very well be the perfect country song.

It was Wuhan where he first contracted COVID
    Cryptocurrency was his latest claim to fame
    But when Max pulled his pistol on a former aide
    Linn got pulled under by a hot tub drain ...

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me. And I never minded standin' in the rain. But you don't have to call him crazy QAnon Trumpist. He made sure that we called him -- I'm certain we all just called him -- he made sure that we call him quite insane.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"That's real the question, isn't it Mr. Garrison? Why? The how and the who is just scenery for the public. Meadows, Eastman, Alexander, Antifa, keeps 'em guessing like some kind of parlor game, prevents 'em from asking the most important question: why? Why were the January 6th insurrectionists able to easily breach the Capitol? Why was Congresswoman Boebert tweeting that Speaker Pelosi had left the House chambers after the Sergeant-at-Arms told everyone to stay off social media? Why were the insurrectionists able to quickly find Congressman Clyburn's hideaway office? Additionally, General Charles Flynn, Michael Flynn's brother ordered me to make a site inspection of a base in Texas on January 6th. I asked myself, why was I, the chief special officer, selected to travel there at that time that any number of others could have done? And I wondered if it was because one of my routine duties if I had been in Washington would have been to arrange for additional security in D.C. ......Good luck, Mr. Garrison."

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My very first thought was this was written by James McMurtry.

tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I thought each piece followed logically from the prior piece.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Pulling a gun on an associate makes you 'colorful'.

Asshole media.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You're an economist. You're supposed to be good at this stuff. You choose to drive an Escalade, a '69 Camaro mid-life crisis mobile, or the biggest Mercedes you can find, probably with a heavy foot. If you get 13 mpg today, it's because you choose to. Not only that, but you choose to *drive* into Manhattan daily instead of taking the train or the subway.

This is like buying a twelve bedroom mansion and complaining that it's the government's fault that the utilities are too high.

playthrough, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don Jr. was a cuck on 1/6.

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Return of My Dinner with Con-Dre

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He'd also have to drive something like 60,000 miles a year, so like everything else in Trumpland, It's a crock.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted