1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If you have Hulu (disney package with espn), Peacock, Paramount plus, netflix and prime...do you even need broader streaming package line youtube? We have to decide next year if we're staying with cable or cutting the cord.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Watched the first two episodes. They went for the shock value right away, killed off a main character, are overcorrecting on their attempts to fix the issues with the original SATC in respects to race, but are doing it all wrong.

Also, I have no clue what Kristin Davis did to her face, but she needs to get it fixed.

I'm currently trying to think of a "reboot" that was just as good as the original. All of the ones I've watched (Will & Grace, Gilmore Girls, Saved by the Bell, Fuller House) have just been okay.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, Yellowstone fans, you saw at least one thing tonight you never expected to see on television.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jen was in a string of good movies.

Good Girl
    Friends with Money
    Along Came Polly
    Rumor Has It

She and Sandler were good together in Just Go With It

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've always thought that, at best, Aniston is charming and doesn't detract from a movie. I don't really think she has a magnetic screen presence, but I've never watched something she's been in and thought, "This sucks because of her."

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It depends on who she works with both on and off camera. She's best when she serves as a proxy for the audience. This was especially true in movies like Friends With Money. She faded into the scenery in Along Came Polly. That scanned like it was supposed to be her manic pixie dream girl role and she doesn't have the kind of presence movies like that call for.

I agree with your take. At worst, she's inoffensive and unobtrusive. With the right cast, director, and script, she can be pretty good.

Friends With Money and The Object Of My Affection are two of her better roles.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said to my wife.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Started Yellowstone with S1-E1 last night. Checked the episodes list. I should be done with it by Christmas ... 2022 ... maybe.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To get new eyes to the platform and hope that people forget to cancel when they are done with the show.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, who would have imagined another hot cowgirl would hit on a mope like Jimmy? :)

But yes, the scene you are talking about was rather unsettling.

Yellowstone might be the best thing on TV.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m about 5 episodes into Yellowstone. This will eat up a lot of time. Good so far.

The Sopranos covered in manure.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, now that I think about it, not exactly what I said. I think I phrased it as "I never thought we'd see a horse dong on network TV".

What I loved about that scene was throwing Jimmy in headfirst with zero prep. It seems exactly the sort of thing they'd do as a joke on the new guy.

What I could not believe was when she said that she was hitting on Jimmy because there were about half a dozen single guys in the county she could go out with. On a ranch the size of the 6666?

Draft saved Draft deleted