1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

his legacy

Sea Bass likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness to Fox, it should be noted that they are concerned about a FAKE tree.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

The AG of D.C. just announced that he's suing the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers for their part in 1/6. Such suits went a long way toward breaking the power of the KKK.

Mngwa likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

HaHa, one guy arrested at a cruise port. I hope it was BEFORE his trip.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I just want to hit the fast-forward button to 2026 and see where we are. All this little stuff is tantalizing and I hope it goes the way I'd like it to go, but I just want to make sure it gets there. And that certain people look like Saddam after he was arrested and put on trial.

I've always been interested in Watergate, but I was born 22 months after Nixon resigned. Would I have held the same interest after listening to all those commissions in '73 and early '74 were I an adult, or felt that the whole thing went at a snail's pace?

11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

And forgive the naiveté, but if what Emptywheel writes above is correct, who would recommend federal charges? The commission or some other entity? I've always been a little unclear as to what the final outcome of this would show (apart from it being a gigantic conspiracy that leads to the ex-president). Maybe I'm missing something obvious ... wouldn't be the first time ...

12. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The committee makes a criminal referral to the DOJ, who likely puts the US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia to work on the matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted