1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

A lot of us have reached critical mass. Ask me about my Oath Keepers/KKK relatives by marriage.

Webster likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At least Stormy Daniels got paid for her time.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

a little bit of context, Glastonbury is a Lilly white town and recently changed the high schools’ name from Tomahawks to Guardians.

Local folks who haven’t been in high school in 30 years have a fit and one assaults a school board member.

Like, FFS People.

Mayhem Over Mascot: Fists Fly at School Board Meeting

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Social distance is a handy thing to carry out of this experience, applied selectively.

I am simply not going to waste a molecule of time/energy on 'the debate'. Hey there Uncle Herbert, read one book on race and get back to me. And pass the chitlins.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps even more damning for the Trumpist klan is that 79% of self-described independents say they have been vaccinated.
    That's a lot closer to the level we need as a country than the the 54% figure of self-reported Trumpists.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Post-Jan. 6, have the numbers of self-described Republicans plummeted, as hoped for?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) "Democratic Florida commissioner" is one way to describe her. "Possible general-election opponent" is another.
    2) She'd better be sure she doesn't accept any big donations from any trustee.
    3) Interesting that neither DeathSantis himself nor his campaign has taken the opportunity to address the allegations. Would seem like the perfect opportunity for attention-getting hyperbole -- especially because Fried didn't mention any specifics.

garrow likes this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I have made it a practice to not talk about immigration or other countries' political systems with people who do not have a passport.

lakefront, Octave and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted