1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, because a lot of those wranglers might be off the market, unavailable or just not interesting to her. The Four Sixes is in the middle of nowhere, too — Guthrie, the county seat which isn’t actually a town but a census-designated place, has about 160 people (King County is 265) and it’s 90 or so miles from Lubbock.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I want to go on set just for the food.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As I'm wont to do, I've gotten into a show far after everyone else has. Started Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. Very enjoyable. Will watch until the end, for sure.

HC, sgreenwell and TigerVols like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The HBOMax documentary on the 1960 Starved Rock (Illinois) killings is a good watch. Guy serves almost 60 years for a triple murder but seems unlikely it was a one-man job.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Pretending he's somewhere else" is kind of hard when his whole schtick is him sitting in a recliner in the living room, haha. But, you could kind of feel them "writing around" him the past couple of years anyway. For Covid, he and a couple other actors on the show are clearly greenscreened. The show is really light entertainment, but as the cast has aged, they've really leaned into Beverly's storylines with all of the kids - especially Adam - and Adam's plot lines at school.

re: Garlin, from podcast appearances he basically -is- the guy from "Curb" and "The Goldbergs." I don't think there is a ton of acting going on. He's funny, but he's abrasive. "Curb" seems like the perfect format for him, because it's short seasons and years between shooting, whereas a grind-it-out sitcom like "The Goldbergs," yeah, I bet plenty of people got sick of him. I don't think Rickles or Super Dave had long sitcom runs for similar reasons.

Mngwa likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What are you talking about, you hockey puck?

(That was the tame version of his blue work, of course.)

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

11. TheSportsPredictor

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted