1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you did a book with a 20-page chapter on each one of those, you’d get to 600 pages very quickly.

garrow likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The worst imaginable people doing the worst imaginable things at the worst imaginable time.

Patchen likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Oh, I can think of lots of "imaginable times" to have them in power far worse than 2017-20.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I admire that Liz Cheney also comes off as a mom who would absolutely suffer no fools.

While high-haired Matt Gaetz looks to Louie for tactical guidance, Liz Cheney dials up her pop. I know whose advice I would use in a rock fight.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

*Hush child* from Ted Fucking Cruz is just precious.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or as they say in his favorite getaway: Niño callado

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

somebody might buy you a gift in a week that takes you away from Twitter for about 12 hours- 'bring us some figgy pudding', indeed.

you fuckin Russian spambot.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Absolutely zero surprise here. I have a cousin who was upset that I didn't join her Tea Party mailing list back in the 90s' and protest the USPS Eid stamp, so I was obviously against her. I explained to her that the Eid stamp had been around for years and went on to give her some scriptural backup to being kind to newcomers. (She is an immigrant herself and would not pass a paper bag test.) People like that have been spoiling for this sort of thing for decades. Honestly, the hateful nonsense those people spout can wear on you. Louis Auchincloss and John Cheever wrote stories about blood relatives who really want to be left alone/need to be left alone. Sometimes the truth about the human condition can be more clearly drawn out in art.

I've reached a point where I empathize with those who feel the loss of those warriors and patriots, but after years of abuse, I can't say that I grieve.

HanSenSE, Driftwood and Octave like this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oscar-
    They have co-opted the use of 'patriot'. That word means nothing anymore. Trump even destroyed the precision of language.

Draft saved Draft deleted