1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I posted this a couple of days ago, and I was surprised at how little comment resulted. The quoted statement was from Daniel Goldman, who was one of the Democratic impeachment counsels. Read his words carefully, note the careful phrasing and the complete lack of qualifiers or weasel words. That's a very serious accusation, and if you put it beside a racketeering/RICO indictment, Trump has very good reason to be having rectal spasms out of anxiety.

-------------------------------

"The information that continues to be reported out, that the 1/6 committee continues to share, continues to affirm that there was a conspiracy to try to cancel the election of 2020, and that this conspiracy involved the President of the United States and members of Congress and White House Chief of Staff. It involved political actors organizing the Stop the Steal rally. This was a multi-pronged effort between actors in the executive branch, actors in the legislative branch, and outside political actors to try to cancel an election for the sole purpose of keeping a President who had lost in power in a failed authoritarian coup."

That is a remarkable statement. That's from Daniel Goldman, former house impeachment inquiry majority counsel. He starts talking at 5:50 or so. This is a very good segment all through, NYT reporting.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Why would prosecutors leak that before it happens? Are they hoping to corner his lawyers and get him to plead? That seems unlikely but IANAL.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

They wouldn’t.

Seems highly likely the father of the girl who recorded the video put it out there as he is rightfully pissed off and has given interviews about it.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You ANAL too?

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Joe Manchin might as well switch parties.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He would get plowed in a West Virginia Republican primary. I fully expect he will make this his last term and angle for a weekend cable show that Politico does a giant takeout on before it debuts to informercial-level ratings.

garrow likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Same playbook as the Republicans who kept meeting with the Obama people during ACA negotiations.

Stall. Stall. Stall. Time runs out. All while he rakes in money.

Unfortunately, Biden is falling for it just like Obama.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's real rich. Doesn't have to do a thing after the Senate.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Stay tuned after Morning Joe for another Joe with... Manchin on the Hill.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Manchin and GQP kill democracy.

Can't wait 'til they're dragged through the streets.

Draft saved Draft deleted