1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

400 million guns.
    Tick
    Tock
    Tick
    Tock

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Clearly, in light of Manchin, Biden voters should just stay home next year. That way, by giving Republicans control of the Senate, it won't matter how Manchin votes.

Fred siegle and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It has literally been this way from the moment those two turned into pains in the asses. The math isn’t going to work on x number of legislation so quite frankly, pass everything you can, confirm whoever you can

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I think and feel like this. Then I remember the kids in the system. They didn't ask for this. Tennessee politicians have been cruel to children for a long time. Sometimes I feel the temptation to question their humanity. Then I remember the horseshit about their welfare has flowed freely from both sides. I don't trust them, either.

He's eating this up. Still, even though this is him pulling his dick in front of the congregation, he still did better than the then-pastor of Two Rivers Baptist and then-Governor Don Sundquist, who clocked somewhere around 48 minutes of praising themselves without mentioning Jesus.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Biden has been talking about Build Back Better since he started running - not a peep from Manchin, Manchin was on the dais during the inauguration and has been an active participant of watering it down over the past months. So what changed NOW that he suddenly can't support a bill he apparently had no problem speaking out against BEFORE it was watered down. The economy is BETTER now.

Listening to the top of the hour news they mentioned the passing of Johnny Isaakson, didn't mention a single accomplishment in what was a 40 year career in public service, only some sound of his exit address to the Senate talking about his hope for improved bipartisanship. He had the meagerest of political records. What a waste. I'm guessing Manchin is hoping to emulate him.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you knew how to read the tea leaves, you knew this was dead as soon as they decoupled it from the highway and ports bill.

TigerVols, wicked and Driftwood like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They need to split Biden's big bill up and pass every part that they can. Make people, R or D, go on record as voting for or against universal pre-K, child tax credits, paid leave, whatever it is. Let the candidates running against them force them to defend voting against the vested interest of their constituents.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Yachtman Prophecies

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  12. bueller

bueller Member

Draft saved Draft deleted